Our students consistently say they feel at home at MSU – on a campus that is not too large or too small. With an average class ratio of 17:1, students develop close ties to their professors who mentor them through the challenging years. Our beautiful and safe campus is located in the heart of the city of 100,000 people. Add great student housing, and affordability, and it is no wonder that students say, “It's My University. Make It Yours!”
MSU is here to help you with financial aid, scholarships, internships, major selection, and career options. We are proud of our undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs and want you to join us! We await your call or inquiry.
- Located in Wichita Falls, Texas, which is located midway between Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
- 255-acre campus is nestled among the city's residential area, and comprises 70 buildings, numerous playing fields, and an outdoor recreational facility near Sikes Lake.
- One of 36 public institutions of higher education in Texas.
- Only university in Texas to become a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC).
- Offer U.S. non-Texas residents a special tuition rate. The university was recently recognized U.S. News and World Report's list of "10 Public Schools with the Cheapest Out-of-State Tuition."
Midwestern State University is a leading public liberal arts university committed to providing students with rigorous undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and the professions. Through an emphasis upon teaching, augmented by the opportunity for students to engage in research and creative activities alongside faculty and to participate in co-curricular and service programs, Midwestern State prepares its graduates to embark upon their careers or pursue advanced study. The university's undergraduate education is based upon a comprehensive arts and sciences core curriculum. The understanding that students gain of themselves, others, and the social and natural world prepares them to contribute constructively to society through their work and through their private lives.
- Excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship, and artistic production
- Intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Critical thinking
- Emotional and physical well-being
- Mutual respect, civility, and cooperation
- Social justice
- Civic service
- Stewardship of the environment, and of financial and human resources
- A safe, attractive, and well-designed campus
Each semester, 6000 students take advantage of the academic excellence at Midwestern State University. Most classes have fewer than 30 students, so professors can give you personal attention. We are proud of our 209 full-time faculty members who pursue research in their fields and become actively involved in the community.
Midwestern State University is located in Wichita Falls, Texas , equal distance to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and Oklahoma City. With a population of 103,000, Wichita Falls offers many activities and is home to several major industries and Sheppard Air Force Base.
Midwestern State University offers U.S. non-Texas residents a special tuition rate. Students who qualify will only pay $65 more per credit hour than a Texas resident.